gliding

gliding

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Flowers

the flowers talk to me
of appreciation
thirsty their mouths water
to be higher
on some peoples totem poles

then again some dour ants
envy flowers popularity
no annual ant shows
around the world
sort of like growing up a girl

complex social colonies
render such tragedies
industry driving forward
to the brink of madness
rolling over singular sadness

the grasses speak as one
green statements of contentment
while the masses lament
for something else
somewhere outside themselves

behind a bright curtain
the wizard explains
its not my fault
I do my best
you must do the rest

what flowers do best is smile
they do not toil or worry
they lift their heads up as clouds rain down
bringing warriors back
riding sky horses to certain victory

when I was small
an ant the size of a pin head
was my role model
so I could not fly
as an eagle does

if you were an eagle
but told you were an ant
you would never fly
flowers are not concerned with this
as they get kissed by the sun

and really
that's all the appreciation they need
besides one or two idle complaints
the flowers say to me
water your flowers not your weeds

No comments:

Post a Comment